Khmer translation services in London and the UK
Catapult yourself to the forefront of markets across South-East Asia with our specialist Khmer translation and interpreting services – designed for UK businesses and used by clients across the world. We’ll help you communicate like a native-speaking professional would. Whether that means enabling you to confidently meet with a prospective local business partner, making your marketing collateral culturally persuasive, or correctly completing Khmer legal or medical documents.
Because make no mistake, Khmer can be a very difficult language to deal in. It has a general sentence structure where the topic is often listed before the actual comment – and there’s a complete absence of conjugations, inflections and case endings…
But there are 16 million native speakers of the main Central Khmer dialect alone. These include many people from powerful cultural groups in Thailand and Vietnam as well as Cambodia.
Why choose Asian Absolute?
Asian Absolute’s translation services in London, the UK and around the world are conducted exclusively by native-speaking linguists. For you, this means that you will automatically be in tune with regional customs, cultural preferences and styles. In short, you’ll be able to communicate in Khmer like a local.
It also means you can also rely on an equal level of experience when you need to translate Khmer to English. In this case, our native English-speaking linguists will ensure that any key concepts and terms are properly localised to carry the same connotations and weight with the English-speaking audience in the part of the world you are targeting.
- Your Khmer interpreters and translators will have qualifications and experience in your specific industry, as will your English linguists when you need translation from Khmer to English
- Effectively speak and write in any Khmer dialect found inside or outside of Cambodia
- For time-sensitive projects, enjoy the quickest turnaround times with our 24/7 global network of linguists
- Count on quality approved by the American Translators Association and the Association of Translation Companies and which meets the vital ISO:9001 quality management standard
Asian Absolute helped FTChinese.com in the challenging task of building a world-class translation service. They provide top quality, personal service.
I was extremely impressed by Asian Absolute’s hard work to complete the project to our high standards and within a very tight timeframe.
Many thanks for your help and also for providing an interpreter for the week, she was absolutely fantastic and a real life-saver!
Guinness World Records
What you need to lnow about the Khmer language
The Khmer language has a number of different dialects depending on where and by whom it is being spoken. Approximately 79% of Cambodians can read Khmer, making it a solid choice for marketing in that country. The following Khmer dialects are spoken in Cambodia:
- Central Khmer– is the most-spoken dialect. Most central and regional variations within Cambodia are grouped under Central Khmer.
- Phnom Penh Khmer– the dialect of the capital city.
- Khmer Ke– the dialect of a city in Stung Treng province.
Outside of Cambodia, you’ll find three other main dialects spoken in:
- Northeast Thailand – here you will find speakers of the Northern Khmer
- Vietnam– is home to speakers of the Southern Khmer dialect, also called Khmer Krom.
- The Cardamom mountains– there is a dialect of the language spoken by remote communities in this specific part of the world. It’s worth noting that the Cardamom mountains do have increasing tourist trade every year.
Qualified and experienced Khmer linguists for all industries
Companies and professionals in all global and UK industries rely on Asian Absolute’s Khmer translation and interpreting services. Part of the reason for this is because they know that we automatically pair you with a linguist who has both experience and/or academic qualifications in your field. For instance:
- Finance and banking– count on native knowledge of terminology and language specific to banking and other financial transactions.
- Legal translations– for all jurisdictions where Khmer is an official language, we have specialists in legal terminology and document filing.
Khmer interpreting services
Take advantage of our consecutive and simultaneous interpreters for functions as diverse as social engagements, conferences and critical business meetings.
Our native-speaking linguists don’t only talk the talk, they also “walk the walk“. This means you won’t fall afoul of local cultural norms as you meet and greet your local business partners.
Discuss your need for Khmer translation services in the UK and globally, 24/7
Get a free quote on or further information about the language support you need from us now. We have phone support lines and online support services which are staffed around the clock.
Get a free quote
Frequently Asked Questions
How much will my translation cost?
The long answer is that your translation cost will vary depending on things like the volume of material you need to have translated, your target language/s as well as several other important factors.
The short answer is that it’s always best to get in touch for a free quote. There’s no fee or obligation – and you can get a clearly costed price breakdown of your specific project so you know exactly where you stand.
Do you offer discounts for volume?
If you often find yourself in need of professional translation services, we may be able to offer you special rates. These will be based on the amount of work and level of partnership you have in mind.
We do this for numerous regular clients around the world, ensuring a cost-effective solution for each client’s unique requirements.
How do I pay for my translation services?
We accept domestic and international bank transfers, most major credit and debit cards and PayPal payments from both private individuals and companies. Just let us know how you prefer to pay and we will be happy to suggest a method which is convenient for you.